Unique Value Preposition which also known as the Unique Selling Point , UVP is a clear statement of your business that describes the benefit for your offer, how you solve your audience's needs and what distinguishes you from the competition. Your unique value preposition should appear on your landing page and in every marketing campaign.
A strong value preposition needs to be conveyed within the first 10 seconds.
Many online business owners seem to have forgotten about it. That's why majority of the new web applications and Mobile applications can't hit the consumer's desktop or mobile screen space.
Even worse, many online businesses confuse their value preposition with their mission statements, a huge problem which you are not aware of .
Before you articulate your offer from your competitors, you need to be sure that your value preposition is solid at its core value.
At the same time you need to believe that no UVP is perfect even if you feel that your existing preposition is strong and prominent.
There are several elements to make your UVP or USP more solid and reachable to your audience.
- Clearly convey the value of your offer.
- Explain your business/service , why its different from your competitors.
- Features and benefits of your service/business.
- Highlight the key needs and pain points of your target audience and explain how your offering is the solution.
- Don't use any old class superlatives, such as "the best " or "World class".
- Use your audience friendly language , not your company friendly language. Remember its not your company's mission statement.
- Keep the right developer & digital marketing team always.
Its critical that you spend more time looking at your competitors to go ahead with the more attractive UVP. Take a note of what you do particularly well and not so well with your UVP and compare it with your competitors, it will help you to take things one step further.
Offer a longer free trial, money back guarantee, free returns or anything else that adds value in the eye's of your customer.
When you have that sharp and convincing UVP , you need to make sure that it brings attention in your landing page.
Note that , you may know your UVP or USP by heart but your visitors don't, So make it loud and clear .
How you can convey your UVP within 10 seconds to your audience. Here are some tips for that ,
- Have a Short and powerful headline that helps summarize a key aspect of your business or service.
- Include a supporting sub headline to clarify your business.
- Show all the elements above the page fold ( the area that visitors can see initially without having to scroll).
Never presume that your UVP is good enough. Testing your UVP is critical to improving your conversion rates.
About the author:
Teccodd Digital can penetrate your audience with high end web & app development with high conversion digital marketing strategies. Teccodd Digital has been working for the top rated agencies here in the UAE as their outsource partner for the Website & mobile application development, SEO and digital marketing strategies.